HOPES ANTAGONISTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOPES ANTAGONISTS

'Behind Every Great Fortune There Is A Crime.' - Balzac

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DELIVERANCE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Athentix
Harbinger
Harbinger
Athentix

DELIVERANCE Empty
PostSubject: DELIVERANCE   DELIVERANCE EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 8:10 am

CHAPTER 1

“Damn Mordeuis, you KNOW I have no choice in this. 12 of OUR men have died for this mark, and I’m the one who sent them – justice shall be found, and the job completed by me.”

“By YOU??? We have no idea what it is that’s killed our men, but they all knew the risk Athentix. They are NOT your responsibility, and you going out there for this is likely suicide. I can NOT just stand by while you do this!”

“Mord, you have no more choice in this than I do. You and your team have your own affairs to attend to, and those boys ARE my responsibility. I will be cautious – as always old friend…

…You have my word.”

Last edited by Athentix on Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://hopesantagonists.forumotion.com
Athentix
Harbinger
Harbinger
Athentix

DELIVERANCE Empty
PostSubject: Re: DELIVERANCE   DELIVERANCE EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 12:51 pm

~ 6 Months Earlier ~

“So, you will take the job then?”

“That’s not my decision to make sir – I have to bring the request before the council…”

“Yes, yes – so you said. You’re sure they’ll accept though? I’m not the only merchant found in such dire straits since Zafrons’ arrival, and they are backing my offer silently.”

“As I said – the merchant guild has more cut-throats than the aristocracy, and its jobs like this that have established us most here in Whitecap. I’ve no doubt the council will agree to the terms.”

“Very good then my friend. I’ll be as patient as the situation allows, and look forward to a quick response from you.”

“If not me, then expect someone from Hopes Antagonists by weeks end. Good day.”
Back to top Go down
Athentix
Harbinger
Harbinger
Athentix

DELIVERANCE Empty
PostSubject: Re: DELIVERANCE   DELIVERANCE EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 2:49 pm

~ Present Day ~

“Is this not the house of the merchant Corlan Evrain? “

“Twas Sir, but he’s been gone nearly five months now.”

“Gone? What do you mean ‘gone’? Where?”

“I’m sorry Sir, but no one knows that for sure. He’d gone down to his room in the basement to look over the books, and when Randall went down an hour later with his customary bottle of port the master was nowhere to be found.”

“Who is this ‘Randall’?”

“Why, he’s Lord Evrains’ personal servant of course.”

Of course, with all that’s been happening among the merchants this past year, it only makes sense that one would have his own personal servant and bodyguard. This would be just another in the strange line of disappearances and deaths if not for the fact that he’d been the one who hired us, and maybe only a month after he first came to us…

“I’ll need to speak with this Randall immediately then.”

“I… I… I’m sorry Sir… He was found dead just 2 nights after my Lord disappeared… at least we think it was him.”

“What is that supposed to mean? Out with it man, I’ve no time for your games here.”

“The maid - she’d heard something in the back garden that… well, just didn’t sound quite right she said. Anyhow, she went out to see what it might have been, and…”

“AND???”

“There was a pile of bones. Human bones, Sir. They were bleached white as if they’d been there in the sun for months.”

“That could have been anyone then…”

“No Sir. We found the skin underneath those bones, it was so dry - we knew who it was right then anyhow though. I saw it myself, and pray I never see anything like that again – turned my stomach, and will haunt me til the end of my days.”

What the hell is going on here? Merchants disappearing, others showing up dead with no clear explanation. This bodyguard found as just a pile of bones and dry old flesh. Twelve of our men also dead or missing – four of them were among our elite. This made less sense now that it had this morning.
Back to top Go down
Athentix
Harbinger
Harbinger
Athentix

DELIVERANCE Empty
PostSubject: Re: DELIVERANCE   DELIVERANCE EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 2:10 pm

~ 5 Months Ago ~

“Three weeks, and still no word from him?”

“No Sir. Our ears on the streets haven’t heard a thing either…”

“Send in a team. Three, with some experience. Tell them to finish the job and find out what happened to Harnail as well.”

“I know exactly who to send – they’ve worked together before, and have proven themselves very capable. I think they will go far here with us Sir.”

Good. I don’t like losing any of my men, and it’ll help to settle this if we are able to learn what’s become of Harnail. This should have been a simple task for him – he is experienced with jobs like this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DELIVERANCE Empty
PostSubject: Re: DELIVERANCE   DELIVERANCE Empty

Back to top Go down

DELIVERANCE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HOPES ANTAGONISTS :: ROLE PLAY :: Original Single Works-
Jump to: