HOPES ANTAGONISTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOPES ANTAGONISTS

'Behind Every Great Fortune There Is A Crime.' - Balzac

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Decietful Beauty

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Predain
Brethren - Rogue
Brethren - Rogue

Decietful Beauty Empty
PostSubject: Decietful Beauty   Decietful Beauty EmptyThu Dec 06, 2007 12:26 am

This dank ol' tavern. Mordeuis and I would always watch the drunks and want to drink, but that was ages ago. Now, as I make my way to the bar, nothing has changed - some dim light, some live and dead faces... there is one figure in the back though, covered in shadow. My demon is outside, no need for him in this sanctuary of lost souls. As I sit at the bar on my favorite stool, I see the same dead woman getting her eternal pint, she toasts and I do the same. I feel a piercing voice in my head,

~ (Dallrehus) Must you taint yourself with these poisons? ~

I tell him I need to take a load off my mind. with that conversation I feel a fiery gaze. I know where it is coming from but why? How could anyone but the dead know i have a companion?

~ I'll finish my drink and see this man... ~

I stand up and pay my due, then as i look in this corner, the dark figure is replaced by a woman plain as day. She motions me over with a nod.

"I know your secret, its safe with me", she says

I play as though she lies, "Yes, I'm a drunk and homless, I'll admit it. who might you be though?"

"Chalandra, Chalandra Raysune."

"My name is..."

"Predain."

"You must have talked with the regulars?"

"A little, only to get a feel. They say you come here often and quietly."

"Not much to say when nothing happens."

She gives me an awkward smile, and makes me feel giddy and suspcious. but hey, i could use some company. "Well, I've got to go, you gonna be here later?" I ask.

"I should be. I'm in town for a few days."

"I'll see you tomorrow then? Sometime?"

"I'll be waiting.", she says

As I walk to the door, I feel that uneasy stare again, but no shadows are in the room. This time I maKe verbal speech to Dallrehus, my demon, to protect ourselves.

"Did you feel a strange presence friend?"

"Yes Predain," He responds in his thunderous voice, "I did not want to give you away. just before you made advances..."

"I made a possibility."

"I saw a shadow run for the temple."

"Odd. I'm sure the angelians can handle it though.", I answer.

We maKe our way home, quiet as usual, and just right. Once in my room and secured, I lite a burning stick to easy my mind. I sit next to the only window as my demon meditates in the center. I gaze around my home, the facilities, my lab for my explosives, my cooking area, and my rest mat. I dont sleep much anymore though, and if I do I am disturbed by images and others who wish to talk - but I do not share the dead's messages. Thats for soothsayers and priests. Dallrehus has helped me sort my mind and do what I need to do. I've had to take human lives and possesed lives to save this crap hole. I perfer to be unknown, but this Chalandra, no way she found who I was. She was tempting though. Think I'm going to head short into this. I catch an hour or two of settled sleep, odd.

I awake to Dallrehus still in his meditative position. we make way to the temple to check on the pastor and the angelians. Today though, no congregation was on the steps and no candles. When I enter the temple I find the pastor, Father Treair, in the second pew. I make my way, but no angelians are to be found. I come forward to embrace the father's shoulder but he turns to me with white eyes...

"No longer will I rest for your doom!"

With that he falls and is caught by the pew. He shows me the blood on his hands and I tell Dallrehus to watch the priest. I find a diciple slain behind the alter. A light then shows and the leader angelian presents himself.

"Dallrehus, stand down, we are all in peace, and just as confused."

His spines stay straight as a blade and ever moving. Aldaris, the angelian, speaks, "This we could not stop. The shadow we could not banish with our light. We fled to gain numbers but by then it was too late."

The priest just sits there trembling, "I do not wish to see the work ive performd. I hope the One will forgive me. Predain, end my trechery."

With a nod from Aldaris and Dallrehus, I draw my facon and spill his life's treasure.

"Only he can beg now."

Aldaris flaps his mighty wings, but I catch him before flight, "How could a power get through these walls?"

~ Only by decite. We, must be moving. ~

Dallrehus and I are alone again.

"Lets leave this place. The souls will find their new home."

"Predain, I feel there is a danger we MUST fear, and it is aiming for you."

A short walk later, we find ourselves in the baazar. While in the main market, weaving through the living and the dead, I examine today's lunch.

"Two dredge sandwiches."

"Fifteen shillings."

As we make for the edge of the baazar, we eat - well, I rat my sandwiches, Dallrehus gorges on whatever he eats. Of all people, Chalandra greets us. This warms many things about me.

"Hello Chalandra, out to see the town?"

"Yes Predain, I was just strolling."

"You like Treltain so far?"

"Its quite friendly. What happened to the temple though - it's empty?"

Luckily we cleaned that place. "I'm not sure, not a big religous guy."

"Well, same here, just wanted to compare and see what it was like out here."

"Where exactly are you from Chalandra?"

"Out east, a large city - Drenla. Heard of it?"

"No," of course I am lying, "I stick around here mostly."

"Oh. Well, I was wondering, instead of drinking ourselves giddy, could you show me around?"

~ HELL YES! ~

"Sure, I could do that, I'll meet you at the 15th cycle of time?"

"Its a date, meet me at the temple."

Odd place, "Ok, will do, bye."

And she is off.

"These days are odd Dallrehus."I comment returning to my sandwich. He remained silent.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/phil_dudley
Predain
Brethren - Rogue
Brethren - Rogue

Decietful Beauty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decietful Beauty   Decietful Beauty EmptyFri Dec 07, 2007 6:25 pm

After visiting my favorite blacksmith to check on new weapons and have mine looked at, Dallrehus and I went back to the baazar to go home so I could check my impact firecrackers. As we walked through the markets, all 'Life' was gone at home I think, but all the dead were gawking at us, parting the crowd as we passed.

"Dallrehus, tell them to go about their buisness, we are nothing to worry about."

The demon then spoke in the cursed tounge to the souls deep and loud, it shook my body's organs. Just as he finished his words, the baazar of souls reached for me.

"Predain! Stay put, say the words!"

"Vox exsisto per pacis quod pacis exsisto per safty , vox servo nos tutus."

With that Dallrehus burst into flames, spines moving and he reaches deep into the ground to pull a broad sword wreathed in flames out of the fissure. He swings the sword and seemed to gather more flame and points it at the sky. Then a barrier rose around me, He then shoots flame with his left hand and fought with his right. Destroying souls left and right, just as Dallrehus performs a double handed swing a dark cloud sprung from the souls and dissipated. Dallrehus withdrew and sheathed his weapon in the earth. while I went to rejoin my demon, the dead who were left began to wail a high pitched cry.

"Lets get home Dallrehus."

"Odd in deed."

I sat in my house after checking my weapons and explosives. I'm reflecting on what happened today. since my attacks have been super natural, I'm going to leave my explosives home and take only a dirk and my facon with me to visit Chalandra. We set out to the temple, careful to avoid crowded areas. We get to the temple, I see Chalandra on the steps. She waves at me and I repeat the gesture. I get closer to her and she takes my hand and says, "Come here I found something!"

As we entered, I saw the priest in the second pew praying. This time his tounge was in latin and filled the room. Chalandra took me to the balcony, showing me an etching in one of the pillars. A man whos sight is beyond, will save the living and the damned. Two will stand in his way. I have no idea how she found this, or why she is showing me, but I can see down her garments.

"I know this probley means nothing to you but I think its a love story of a woman and a man who are damned but save each other, but they are afraid to show it."

I look down at Dallrehus, he has taken up residence in the very back pew and is sitting silently. I look back at her eyes and say, "I could believe that, but how would it come true?"

"We could shed our bonds and..."

"This is a church though."

“You said it yourself, we're not religious people.”

####EDIT#####
Two hours pass...

I lay sweaty and sated on the cold, hard stone floor of the temple, various stones biting into the naked flesh of my back. I stroked her hair, contemplating what to do next, staring up at the high ceiling. Her head lay resting on my chest, her had drawing lazy circles on my stomach. I stroked my hand down the long, silky length of her torso, then she turned her stunning dark green eyes up at me, capturing my gaze. She pushed up into a sitting position, and turned towards me. I quickly sat up to mirror her, marveling again at the perfect, lovely round shape of her breasts, and the delicate curve of her neck.

Her creamy skin seemed to glow in the pale light filtering in from the balcony, then she was leaning towards me, and I stiffened in anticipation, but her lips never met mine. She leaned to whisper in my ear, "I'm sorry to cut this short, but I must be going." Then she nipped my earlobe, sending a jolt through my body, and got up. I caught her hand.

"What? Wait," I said, pulling her towards me.

I damned my slow brain. I kissed her hand, then pulled her closer to me and kissed her belly. The simple sentimentality struck me, and I suddenly felt stupid.

"One more time?"

She laughed, a soft, tinkling noise, but I felt her sonsent as I pulled her back onto my lap.

"Hmm, you're unsatiable, aren't you?" she asked as she shifted herself on my lap so she straddled me.

She wrapped her long, silky fingers around the now hard, long length of me, and squeezed. The pleasure was undeniable amazing. I pulled her face to mine, kissing her long, and deep as her hand worked me to a frenzie. I kissed her harder, then pushed her hand away. i needed to be in her. I pushed her back gently, laying her back on the stone, propping my elbows on either side of her. then I sheathed myself in her. She wrapped around me like a hot glove. One small moan escaped her, a sound so beautiful and erotic. Our breathing became shallower, quicker as we worked towards that peak, sweat slickening our bodies. I pulled three more of those cries from her beautifully sculpted lips before we climaxed in perfect harmony. I released myself into her as she sighed.

"God, what you do to me," She sighed.

She pushed my chest, and I rolled off of her. Se got up and began redressing. I cringed as she pulled her pants over her lovely, round buttocks. She laughed at my reaction.

"Come on Predain. Its getting late. I should have left half an hour ago."

I got up and began to dress. She stood on her tip-toes and nibbled my bottom lip.

"Another time, another place, and we wouldn't be parting so soon. I'm sorry."

Work brain. "Um... Yeah," I replied, dumbfounded. "Wait, I will see you again?"

She looked up from beneath her long eyelashes, and, smiling, she bit her lip and nodded.

"Sure," she answered, and left me standing where I was, half dressed, and wanting more.

From there, we departed. Dallrehus and I make our way back home. I speak to Dallrehus,

I really let my heart out didn't I? I let my weakness show, and now she knows. I feel stupid.
######END OF EDIT########

From there we departed. We made our way back home but we're stopped by a robber in a quiet alley. "Shed your skins and your money, and you dont get hurt," he said.

I wish I had my impact firecrackers. I play this bout out in my head and ready my hand. The thief makes a step forward trembling, this kid must be a newbie. He must have grown impatient and rush me. I step to the side and grabbed his arm with the blade twisted, cutting his side. Yet he kept going, desperate new guy. I push him into the wall and run up the opposite one just enough that I could hit him from the top with a facon. We both spun and my blade stops one foot deep in his head. I pull my blade out and he was limp.

"Well, at least that was normal. Lets keep moving home."

When we get home, I clean my blade of his grey matter and check it for sharpness again.

"Predain, lets practice your power words."

I kneel next to Dallrehus and he run though the line again. I repeat the mantra for one hour, then go to sleep, well I kinda did, he didn't as usual.

Last edited by Predain on Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Predain
Brethren - Rogue
Brethren - Rogue

Decietful Beauty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decietful Beauty   Decietful Beauty EmptyMon Dec 10, 2007 6:49 pm

This morning I suited up full battle rattle and I make tracks to the tavern to pick up a pint of warm cider. I would've expected people to be used to me already, but theres always someone who thinks I'll lash out on them. It must be the scar on my eye brow, the gruff demeanor I carry, or my garment, deep hooded black cover and loose blue and black trousrs and blouse. My boots make little to no click on the stone. People are uneasy around me, and this fool looks at me with suspicous, scared eyes.

~Don't worry, no bounty on your head.~

Although I wear a lot of dark colors, the hottest thing about me is the hidden leather plates with chainmail sewn into it. It gets really uncomfertable with my spring loaded impact firecrackers. This the prize of my arsenal, next to my facons. I carry five impacts under each arm and ten on each side of my wastes. The explosion from one of those can remove a person's face. Since I've been learning alchemy, I worked in an extra thing to make it keep eating at the wound for a few moments. This helps with armor of all sorts.
The tavern's sign is above me. Dallrehus takes a seat up against the building. I nod at him and enter, quite in the mornings, but its nice. Again, my stool is empty, and the same dead womaan is there. I order my cider and we toast. I'm not sure why she does that, but its nice to toast to a successful night and successful day. I ask the bartender, "Is there any new happenings in Treltain? I'm low on cash."

"Theres a group of rich people that came into town this week, and they are causing problems with the town council," he looks around, "They're tring to shut me down, the market, and make it all government controled.
"This town is built on the market. i dont want to loose my place either."

"Don't worry good friend, you wont loose your place."

"Thank you Predain." he said and went back to the bar.

~This is going to be interesting in daylight.~

~(Dallrehus)I will be able to help.~

~I hope you work magic.~

I finish my pint, push the mug towards the back, slap the bar and get up. The woman nods and raises her glass as I get up. I bet she partied a lot back in the day. The sun is peaking out from behind the buildings.

~Dallrehus, I need to throw on my change of cloths.~

~(Dallrehus)Find an alley and change there.~

Under my back cover I remove a satchel with my cloths that I use to blend in durring the day, but instead there is no cover just a blouse that hides my plates and facons get tucked into my sash. I dress quickly and roll and stow my dark garments. I reach behind and attach them to my sash. Just as I look up, I see a soul tring to walk in and through the wall, there used to be a door there by the looks of it.

"Dallrehus, Tell him to around."

Dallrehus spoke but the ghost just stopped and walked up the wall.

~Intereting, what did you say?~

~(Dallrehus)I told him to find a new door.~

~So he went up?~ Dallrehus was silent.

we made it to the main market again, careful to stay on the outside. we work our way up to the main road behind the place we ate yesturday. I look over to my right and see a large carrage coming around the corner with some mighty Clidsdales pulling the massive carrage. at first i though i saw the shadow but i blink and its gone. the carrage stops and i walk right behind it. as im heading up the stairs, i catch a glimse of the aristocrat. he is a massive fellow. easily as tall as Dallrehus and a little less built than him. i lightly tredge of the city hall, but i make enough sound to not be suspicous. This man jogs up the stairs and i watch him. As i am getting closer to the top, i see two gaurds and wonder how am i going to kill them with out setting alarm. just then the man points at one of the ggaurds and he follows.

~This must be my target. who else would have that kind of power?~

The doors slam shut behind the gaurd. im planning out how i want to take him out but dallrehus runs up ahead, stands infront of the gaurd. he touchs the guard onthe face and the gaurd shudders. Dallrehus says "I have blinded him, as long as i maintain this conact, he will not see or feel you..

::looks around::

I search his pockets and find the key.

::opens dorr and entes::

Dallrehus follows and the guard shivers again and goes back to his stoic state. once inside the city center, i could see it for its glory. as i look around i see a sunlight in the roof bleeding light on to the marble statues of great leaders. The walls were made of the same white polluted marble. not many people in here, this being the main chamber, but i can hear a speech going on up ahead. the doors to the auditorium are heavy and thick. the speech muffled. to the left and right there are stairs that lead to the top of the auditorium. i take the left. once up top i peer in. luckily its way off to the side and im wearing almost the same thing everyone else has on. the man speaking is the same man i saw on the way up. Now i konw my target. the speech ends, but i havnt listened to it. not something i understand, i just do what i do. as the man leaves the auditorium, a spindly old man takes the states. i go down the stairs to see the man telling the gaurd to set a trap for all the other people int he auditorum. the man goes down the hall way into another large room. i run for the guard. my boots not making a noise. the guard heard the wind rush closer and landed on the ground with a dirk in his eye. after putting the body in the large room where you enter, i went back down the hall where the large fellow went. after finding this room, it was quite easy to find teh man, he was knelt nexst to the fountain at the end of the room. this was too easy, back turned, saying a prayer of some sort and im as silent as the night.

~Dallrehus follow me closely.~

we worked our way down to the fountain.

::unsheaths facon::

something in the corner catches my eye and sreams in my mind and i drop my facon. alerted, the massive mand spins around armed with heavy wide shiney swors in each hand. his armor is thick and shiney as well.

"you're obviously here to kill me. tring to save the small shops here. there is greater buisness we both must attend to." he says in a deep, crisp voice.

"Your buisness is to leave here and not fuck with my town."

"boy, i will show you your error, you must stop now or ill have no choice. im a fair diplomat as youve probley seen already."

"You bring nothing but misery to the peoples. im goign to stop you!"

"so be it..." and he lunges at me. i nibley dodge his attack.

I run by and scoop up my fallen facon and pull my second one out. my blades will not cut through his armor, but perhaps i can weakin or break it. i hide behind a statue and ready my spring shots. with a whoosh sound the sword of the man is lodged in the statue. I roll out from behind to see him grinning like a fool. i throw a firecracker at his armor and it knocks him back to let go of his weapon. his breast plate is scorn black and bumpy from the chemicals. I threw another one and he dodged that one. I try to keep him from the exit and his weapon. he lunges again at me and dodge to stab a dirk in and out of his soulder where armor would be weak and my suspicons were correct. He groans and backs up. i only hit his left arm but now he wont be very useful with it.

"I will crush you you and leave you rentrails for the boars to feast upon." he yells.

~fuck this shit.~

I sheeth on of my facons and throw a firecracker at him and he dodges it and lunges again. watching his hulking body fly, i twist my wrist and engage the spring launcher. it fires and nales him square in the face.

!!THUD!!

he hits the ground and blod is pouring from his face. sightless and agnry he starts to thrash about. i back behind a statue to watch him. he breaks statues and yells. he thrashes about and throws his last sword and it hits a statue. i know he'll eventually die, but i must make sure.

~I'll wait till he calms down~

for a near 5 minutes the man thrases before falling to his knees. eyeless sockets and bone and muscle showing, breathing heavily i make my move. i come up from behind him to sink my facon. as i raise it up he says,

"Easterly skys will bleed, but with your blood."

angered beyond all reason, i drive the facon down his spine and twist and turn the blade till it breaks off in his body. the body falls to the floor with a thud.
i look for an exit and see a grate in teh back of the fountain. i pull the grate back and enter the drain. now that i am out of the city hall with a minimum of two bodies, ill get changed.

~Dallrehus, stand watch again, i need to get out these.~

quickly i change and w'ere ou for the blacksmiths with a broken hilt in hand. once at the blacksmiths, she turns around and smiles at me with a soohty face.

"Didnt figure you'd be back so soon. Just working on the last of my wapons before im shut down."

"I wouldnt worry about getting shut down."

::throws hilt on the table::

"I see, would you like me to fix this or get a new one?"

"Ill just get a new one. have the hilt as a sign that you'll be aound."

::opens door to the weapons shop::

~good another facon~

::walks back into furnace shop::

"Ill take this one. its just like my others."

"free! and ill sharpen it for ya too!"

"Heres your money anyways, it was..."

"nothing for you to pay for, take it!"

"Thank you."

"Thank you for your deeds!"

i equip the facon after she sharpens it. nice woman she is, not one for me though, we've been friends too long and she took me in when i came to the city as a child. i love Slaina, wat a gal. Dallrehus and i head back to the market to get some food. again we wade through all the people and get some sandwichs. as im sitting in the park between the market and city hall, i see another large carrage being pulled by one clidesdale this time leaving but it contains Chalandra.

"She must have been an important person"

"She took a liking to you for some reason and i didnt understand."

~A liking, ha, more like she wanted me~

~(Dallrehus)I can hear you.~

~so, its my head.~

by the time i finish my sandwich the sun is getting low and i figure to hit the tavern again to get some ale. the tavern as usuallis dark, dimly lit and it has no change from the day. i notice somone in my chair so i sit on the other side.

::sits down::

"Two pints of ale.

"yes, sir, on the house," said the bartender, "i konw what you did and am i glad!"

i toast to the woman again and we drink. the man in my seat picks his head up and speaks, "so youre predain. i must tell you some news. you are in danger bu you must confront this easterly evil in its relm.
"the attacks youve suffered are because it cannot use its real power out here."
"It made it into the temple though."

"that was when it first got here and used the fear to take the pastor. it has retreated. you must banish this shadow back to the hell from it came from."

"Where do i head then old man?"

"i am 213 year old and will crush your body and banish your demon from this plain, DO NOT INSULT ME!
"you must head to Drenla."

~Shit~

"Tomarrow morning, we, my protector friend and i leve for Drenla to trade and gather information. you're more than welcome to..."

"Where do i meet you?"

"by the temple, that will be easy enough and its empty, no watchers."

"i will join you."

"good, you'll live yet. my name is Ryleigh and you'll meet Dandarus tomarrow. be ready at the 4th cycle of day."

i sip on my seond pint and raise it. all three of us toast and drink. the wizard guy, Ryleigh, leaves and its just me and the woman at the bar. i finish my last pint off and head for the door. now its darker than ever out side. Dallrehus casts a flame that lights the ground and no one else can see it. i look up and see all the stars are bigger than usual and are red. This is a strange week. the walk home seemed longer than usual. once home i start to pack my bag. i pack all the firecrackers i have and load my suit up withthem. i pack wet stones, food, water, and papers and pen. i lock the window and exit in the back. i turn off my lab and lay down to rest before this journey. i sleep well tongiht,l pleasent dreams of help. very odd in deed.
Back to top Go down
Predain
Brethren - Rogue
Brethren - Rogue

Decietful Beauty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decietful Beauty   Decietful Beauty EmptyMon Dec 17, 2007 3:11 am

This morning its raining lightly. So i change my bags to leather and bring my cloth bag. once out and in the rain Dallrehus and i walk to the temple. There is no one out but the strange and wild dead, and the strange living. Aas we come up to the temple we see a medium, smaller sized corrage with Ryleigh check the supplies. His protector, Dandaris, is just now arriving with more supplies. Dandaris is riding a horse that has powerful legs and a long head. He dismounts the horse and tells it to stay put. as we approach, the horse loose directly at Dallrehus and stomps the ground and shakes is head. we get closer and the horse calms down.

"Let me help you get that box Ryleigh.

::lifts the box::

"Get under the cover Predain, so you'll stay dry." says Ryleigh.

We climb aboard and Dallrehus is already on the back. We start moving and we pass the blacksmiths, city hall, and the market. As we leave the gates and ender the prarie, the rain picks up and random lights show in the sky. The prarie is long but the forest is in sight and darker than before. The path around the forest takes four days to traverse, where as the path straight through the forest takes one day, if lucky. Bandits, theives, and outcasts dwell in there. Luckily we got Dandaris,and Dallrehus. That Dandaris guy has a certain aura about him. Hes a goodie-goodie anyways. I'm sure Ryleight didnt tell him about me and who i am.

::whispers::

"Ryleigh, expect any...problems along our way?"

"Little, if so we got our protectors and you and our paladin friend up there."

~That settles that thought.~

~(Dallrehus)No problems here, we have no quarell with anyone but that shadow.~

~I'm sure he'll help us greatly as will this 'wizard' guy, but how else would he know about you?~

He was silent. Thats what I like about Dallrehus, never one to talk a lot of crap or throw in meaningless sentences. I'm sure that wizard can sense we're talking but he doesnt seem to mind.
Dandaris sits high on his steed. Not my type of friend but probley useful. The rain is keeping its hard pattern but some sun is shining in patches. Looking behind us i see some dead farmers out by old rickity farm equipment in this prarie. We bump over a small rock in the path and a family of deer spring up and run away, one with a very large irregular rack. one silent hour passes with the exception of the boxes, and pieces of the cart creaking. I turn around to face forward with Ryleigh and we come up on the forest. once inside, the rain has stopped but its still making noice ouside the forest. I see some dead souls hanging from trees by their neck. Thy're still waving as if they just jumped. I hear a shriek from deep in the forest and i cant tell if anyone heard that or if it was just me and Dallrehus.

"We all heard that my dark friend."

~I think this wizard can read my thoughts~

~(Dallrehus)I know.~

I turned and looked at Dallrehus. I turned back around to see a soul get trampled by the horses and reconstitute behind us. We hear the shriek again, but louder.

~Dallrehus, is it a spirit?~

~(Dallrehus)No but it comes with the shadow.~

The paladin up front drops his reins, dawns a helmet from one of saddle bags, and draws duel swords with a cross at the top of the hilts. He artfully spins the blades so faast and fantastic, i swear i hear angelic singing. The horse seems unaffected by all that is going on, all three of them.

~These two must do this alot~

The shriek comes from both sides and echos. Three crazed men, or what looked to be men, jumped out and suprised us. Their eyes glow a gree slit with red veins in them. One is in front, one is behind Dallrehus, and one in the middle. Quickly all movement of the cart stops and we spring to action. I jump out the back with facons drawn. The man beast rolls to the side and climbs a tree and i roll to my feet. I see him, or it mvoing in the trees. I turn my wrist and launch an explosive at him. It misses and i launch another. I launch a third one and hit the limb he jumps for. It flares with light and a loud pop and the beast falls to the forest floor. With a thud the beast springs back up with blogs on its mouth and its shoulder popped out. It charges at me and swings, but I pary the swing. with speed, i spin around to lope its head almost completely off. Its head falls to the right and blood squirts from its arteries. I look up to se the wizard spinning one beast in the air while a grey, green, and red foam is coming from its eyes, ears, mouth and nose. Once all of its shaking ceased, the wizard throws the body to the side with a simple flick of the wrist. Dandaris, with a display of skill, spins his swords and round his body taunting his beast. It jumps at him and he swats it to the side but it lands on its feat and lunges again with arms out. Dandaris simply thrusts his blades down the beasts throat and its body, and it falls limp. Dandaris holds his arm, the blade, and the beast straight out, and he lifts it above his head and lets it slide further down the blade. he looks at it and whispers something to it and Dallrehus shudders.

~Are you ok my friend?~

~(Dallrehus)Yes, he said a phrase of pure light. Hurt my ears.~

I climb back into the cart and we start rolling. Dandaris sheeths his swords and regains control of the riens. This time there is no noise, no creaks, and it sounds like the rain has stopped. For a good four hours we ride and i see souls marching the oppisite way of where we are going. I see a dark sillouette shoot above and Ryleigh says, "Watch."

The sillouette comes back around and drops ontop of the horse pulling the cart and Ryleigh snaps his fingers and the sillouette rolls up in flame.

"Can't have random souls taking over my horses."

A few moments pass and Ryleigh says,

"There are only a few spirits i can see, the things you see and hear, thats a true power."

A few hours pass Later and we could see the edge of the forest with an orange glow of the setting sun. Out of the forest, there are scarce clouds, the sun swelters and the grass isnt much higher than the rocks on the ground. Drenla, has a dark glow about it.
We enter the city and oil burning stret lights line the way. we make out way to an inn to rest for the night. All of thes buildings are dark and dank. They seem to have a dark slime appearance to them. It would be a place for me if the shadow wasnt a habitant of thise place. we find the inn and walk inside.

"Your cart and horses will be kept safe and fed durring your stay", said the inn keeper in a dry low voice. We found our rooms and i made my bed and checked my bag. I wasnt goign to leave it in the hands of a stranger. I reload my launcher and set my bag down. i keep the lights low and sit on my bed.

"Dallrehus, I have no idea why I came. This place, Drenla, the shadow, my 'destiny' and all thats been happening to me. I know i can take most adversaries."

"Predain, you and i will survive. I do not know our fate, i know we were to come and banish this shadow, i am bound to you as you are to me. This will wont lift your spirits, but we cannot fail."

I sat there and stared at the floor for a good bit. Then i get up and start for the door but the wizard stepped in.

"Predain, you must sleep. i have guarded your room. Your friend and you can sleep in peace tonight."

i put my heand in the doorway and could not go any further.

"See, now, Sleep!"

I walked back to my bed and laid down to rest. I ended up staring at the ceiling for what seemed to be an eternity reflecting on the beastes today, the souls dhtat attacked me two days ago, and what the politian said. Is this Chalandra connected in some way? Its all too suspicous and i finally blank out.
Back to top Go down
Predain
Brethren - Rogue
Brethren - Rogue

Decietful Beauty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decietful Beauty   Decietful Beauty EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 11:02 pm

I walk back to my bed and lay down to rest. I end up staring at the ceiling for what seemed to be an eternity reflecting on the beasts today, the souls that attacked me two days ago and what the politician said. Is this Chalandra connected in some way? Its all too suspicious and I finally blanked out.

I awake to Dallrehus standing at the window. It was daylight, about the seventh cycle of time. I rise to check my gear and relieve myself. After all my gear was checked, I head for the door and just as I reached for the latch to open it Ryleigh comes in to summon me.

“Lets go Predain.”

Dallrehus and I follow the old man and pretty boy. Ryleigh slows down to walk with me.

::shouting::

“Dandaris, go to the usual spot.

“Now, we are heading to a friend of mines house, he doesn't like your type,just don't talk or make any subtle movements...

“We'll be fine.”

We make it outside, and I see the strangest thing, the street lamps, instead of emanating light, emanate darkness. What would be a shadow is plain as day. We head for the less slimy part of town to find Dandaris by a two story building.

“Inside we go boys...Predain, stay behind me, and do what Dandaris does. You'll have to pull your hood down too.”

Once inside we travel up the stairs to the second floor and without turning around I could sense the room widening behind me. I keep my eyes forward looking at Ryleigh. Once up stairs Dandaris went one way while Ryleigh went another. I followed Dandaris to a little rest spot with pillows and chairs. I opted for a pillow and took it to a corner so I could watch all movement and Dandaris took a chair and picked up an old book on the table.

Ryleigh walked towards the man we were to meet and the man has two body guards. For a few minutes I watched them exchange greetings and the man gets up to walk with Ryleigh. They both to a window and the two guards start walking our way and one has...

~(Dallrehus) Why did you leave me out here?~

~Wasn't away I did, can you enter?~

~(Dallrehus) No, theres a type of shield I cannot enter.~

~Maybe thats why this guy doesn't look crazy or 'slimy'~

“...you want a drink?”

What...yea, sure, your choice.

the guard walks to a shelf with different bottles on it. I watch him pour and bring me the glass.

“One of my favorites.”

We both enjoy our drink and sat in silence. I looked up to see Ryleigh shake hands and head for the stair well. Just as Ryleigh makes the motion for me to follow, Dandaris goes to him. I put my glass down and head for the stair. Once outside, Ryleigh says,

“Why not lunch! We got a busy day. I'll fill both of you in once we get some peace.”

We make way to the market, and it was just as dingy as the rest of Drenla. The markets here, are dead, and not even the dead venture here. We decide to just eat what we had brought with us in the cart, because all of the food there was covered and spewing of carrion. While eating the bits of food we rationed out, Ryleigh uncovered some details of what is going down.

“My friend Larion, has informed me that the prize we seek is in the cathedral on the outskirts of town, there is a set of heavy doors in the back, and also there is a lock on the door. He was unable to pick it, so we'll work something out.”

And what of why I came?

“There are one in the same.”

“We will finally end this and get what we have come to claim, finally, justice will be served,” said Dandaris.

Why are you here then? You come so armed, and only for information?

“If you know not our purpose, why did you come, are to spy on us and keep us from the victory the righteous deserver?”

No, I just needed a cart and some companionship to show me through the forest.

“No matter, we will prevail.”

“Dandaris, don't get too revved about this. Predain, I need you to help me get the steeds for our trip through town. Dandaris, I want you to head back to Larion's to pick up some weaponry we'll need.”

On the way to the stable behind the inn, Ryleigh begins to tell me why they came to Drenla in the first place.

“I didn't tell Dandaris because I know he would not have accepted this quest or would help you because of who you are and what you do. He will be a great asset though, he has his...help such as you do.”

So what, he commands Angelians?

“Sort of, but none the less, we are in good hands. Now, why we are here is because I had a dream, of a lone man, who was confronted by two dilemmas. I did not see the end, but I did see that it was not good. We are here to assist you and all the forces that be, are here to vanquish it. Your protector is only interested in your safety because he has a greater role of keeping you alive so you may fulfill your duty, I do not know what that is, but those with these abilities, keep things in check.”

I know this is my fight, I do not wish for you two to become casualties because of a dream.

“No worries, our fates are sealed, no matter the outcome.”

We load the cart back up and hook the horse to the wagon. As we are rolling by Larion's place of residence, we pick up Dandaris, who is carrying an enormous broad sword, a new staff, and other assortments of weapons. Once all loaded, we begin moving again. The sun is getting low behind us and I see the street lights in front of us flickering and changing from shadow to light. The ride there is the quietest its ever been, not even the weapons are rattling.

Once at the temple, the sun is almost completely set, and we quickly dismount and take our weapons with us. I figure to keep my facons because if we do face a foe, it will be a spiritual one or one I can dispatch of quickly. This cathedral, is enormous, and surrounded by wall gardens. The windows emanate a darker shadow than the night outside of it. We walk up to the first gate and push it open with ease. Our first step inside, and we see the walls lined with burning candles that look as though as they have been burning for a millennium. We push through the second gate, and there is a giant court yard with three fountains, an angel in the middle with a long sword in hand and wings at full spread. And the two side fountains were what looked to be that of kings of old. The statues had helmets that covered their faces with high crests on the front, broad shoulder plates and long flowing shaulls. One had a sword in hand and the other held a hammer. These wells look to have been ran dry since their creation. The third gate had the lock on it, not a really big one, so Dandaris was able to break it off and the doors opened with ease, not a sound. The temple doors were scantly cracked, just enough to get an eye through. Once inside the temple, the rafters and all the walls were covered in the same burning candles, but inside here, there were puddles of the wax. We could not see the other end until we were inimitably close with the alter. The alter was grossly untouched, dusty, and dingy. The main wall contained an inverted cross bearing a man who was crying and beneath his head, was a set of heavy, and locked doors. Ryleigh stepped up to open this door.

::raises hands, and the staff starts to rise::

~(Dallrehus) This is where we meet it all, meet the ender, stand fast, and brave.~

::staff floating and pointing at the door, padlock falls, and doors creek open::
Back to top Go down
Predain
Brethren - Rogue
Brethren - Rogue

Decietful Beauty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decietful Beauty   Decietful Beauty EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 11:03 pm

With a cold gust of sulfur tainted wind, the heavy doors creak open. Dandaris and I ready our weapons, Ryleigh, recalls his staff into his hand and Dallrehus is behind us. A thunderous foot step emanates from the door way. A small, white, pale hand creeps around and a person stumbles out of the door. Its Chalandra, instantly,

Chalandra, hurry, get out of here, leave now!

Chalandra's body rips back, and forth, hitting the floor in front of her. Then a loud, terrifying voice that shatters bone and all in its wake speaks from her,

“This is mine, you cannot stop me, I will crush your body's but keep you alive to see the end of it all, to witness your failure, humanities failure. It is my dominion that was taken from me, and I am to reclaim it with the blood of all living.”

“We will denounce your name, and nullify all your power. You are nothing, so you shall stay that way and banish you from our realm,” Dandaris yells.

“Ha, you foolishly come here with no army, only the darkness from which I look to enslave and use to my bidding, give in willingly, and I will end you swiftly.”

::under the breath::

Never.

A great, blistering hot, gale force of wind sweeps out from the door way and all the windows shatter inward. We shield ourselves from the shards, and all the darkness is swept into the sky. The puddles of wax begin to take a hideously grotesque shape. Dozens of them rise from the puddles, some with scythes, hammers, swords, and just claws. Some with dangerous teeth, some with spikes and some with multiple limbs. All lumbering towards us like you read in the books, just moaning, groaning, and screaming. All four of us are backed together, I take a pose of readiness and watch for the first attack, Ryleigh, holds his staff with both hands ready to unleash the power from within. Dandaris begins to spin his blades, spinning them fast, and magnificently, they shine a sort of light and I can hear the angelic singing from them. All of the grotesqueries begin to cringe as does the source that has taken over Chalandra. All at once, they charge. Dandaris begins cutting them down in the masses as they throw themselves at him in attempts to take him down. Ryleigh's first attack is a barrier that knocks back the first wave of creatures, but the second comes in right behind them, and Ryleigh disintegrates two standing next to each other. I am dodging, spinning and cutting, spilling the hot wax back onto the floor to watch them reanimate and I continue to slice and cut. A scythed creature swings for me and I drop to the floor to watch it bisect a figure behind me. I remove its legs and bring it to my level, and I correct its face by removing it. Regaining my feet, I get his by a back hand return of a creature and I fall. Rolling back to my feet I work my way back towards the entrance we came in as I see Dandaris and Ryleigh are doing the same.

“Get them outside, the chill of the night will stop them.” yells Ryleigh.

Once outside, the creatures attempt to proceed out the door, but they all freeze. For a moment of reprieve we are not attacked. The night sky is unavailable dark and cloud ridden, the only light we have is the light put off form the candles outside. Watching the door, the figures disintegrate and Chalandra walks through the doors.

“Now it will rain with your blood!” yells what was Chalandra.

The fountains in the second courtyard start to spew what was a red liquid and had a copper smell to it. Cracks and sounds of breaking stone come form the knights on the sides as they come to life.

Focus your attacks on one of them at a time.

Our first target was the knight that had the sword. Dandaris running at the statue, and the statue swings, and the sword extends to reach to Dandaris, but he dodges it. I launch an explosive at the statue, and it burns at the stone warrior. Ryleigh, hits it with a blue beam shot from his staff. Once the attack is ceased, Ryleigh, raises his staff again, and commands the clouds to dissipate, and the moon, full and bright shines. The creatures moan and Chalandra covers her face. Dandaris makes a jumping downward strike. It lands on the creature shattering the sword and the creatures head. From behind we hear what sounds to be a watermelon being dropped off the top of the cathedral. As the statue with the sword is crumbling down, Dandaris and I turn to witness the mighty hammer being lifted from Ryleigh's mutilated body. Dandaris and I run toward the hammer, and it rolls the hammer to the side performing a full circle swing, I roll, and Dandaris jumps through the air again, but this time, a blinding light from a star shines, and down from the darkness of heaven, is an Angelian, she extends her wings to full span, and only touches the tip of Dandaris' sword and the sword slices straight through the hammer creature.

I look back at where Chalandra was, and still is, but there is no angel statue, the statue attacks Dandaris and he blocks with his sword and the Angelian engages the statue, and they begin to rumble. Blow after blow, the Angelian is taking a beating. Finally, she wraps her wings around the stone angel, and they combusted into flame and ash, only to scatter to the wind.

The light from the star fades out, and Chalandra is standing in front of the doors, with a disfigured shadow, and she says to us,

“Please, save me, I do not want to die, I don't want to do....”

and the shadow returns to her, this time, her face, and her jaw begin to rip and shake back and forth, bringing forth a dark form, her abdomen beings to twist and flex, breaking sounds echo through the yard. Her legs begin to kick violently back and forth, kicking loose and foot gear she was wearing. A deep, dark, a dark that only radiated a darkness began to crawl from her flesh. It grew to be twice the size of a man, and you could still see Chalandra in the shadows body. Dandaris, runs at the shadow in a preempted hasty rush. The shadow picks him up by the head and down from its hand rains the dark, coursing through its body down upon Dandaris, and he was liquefied. It was only Dallrehus, and me, we had no way of combating this shadow.

Chalandra, fight it some how.

The shadow swings at us and Dallrehus throws up a shield which takes the blow and dissipates instantly saving us. I launch an explosive at it and it explodes but I hear a woman screaming, I only hurt Chalandra. Dallrehus throws the ethereal flame at it, and it repels the shadow but the shadow presses forward and I roll and slice at its legs and roll out again. The shadow some how was hurt by my blade, so I jump again and hit its back. The shadow again stumbles. Dallrehus draws out his broad sword from the great chasm he creates. He slices and the creature moans. It seems that all we're doing is injuring it. We are not doing it mortal harm. The shadow finally lands a blow on me and I fly into the left fountain, landing in the pool of blood. I attempt to gain my feet, and it starts lumbering towards me. Dallrehus shoots the flame towards him and the shadow only shrugs it off.

But in that instant, the gates blast open and the man, Larion and his men are there, wings spread to full girth. The men take to the skies and shrink the shadow back down to the form of Chalandra and they tell me to make the decisive blow. I hesitate and the shadow starts to reappear, and Larion begins to suppress the shadow also, the shadow swatting at them, I debate weather I have it in me to do what needs to be done. I climb out of the fountain and run towards the core. I run my facon through the middle and a loud, high pitched scream resonates in my ears and through the land. The shadow falls and dissipates in to the ground, and falls the disemboweled body of Chalandra with my facon run through her stomach.

Chalandra! No, please, speak to me!” but all I could raise was the last eye to look at me and a light breath in the sound of what would have been a laugh.

Please, Larion, can you save her at all?

“Predain, she was slain by you, darkness and light, there is no power to save her body now. Each entity has now a part of her soul in it.”

So, now she resides in me and all that is the immortal, please, take me.

“I cannot, rest assured, the rest of the world, unknowingly, is thankful for your sacrifice and now, they are safe.”

Fuck this, I only wanted to keep her.

“I'm sorry Predain, but we must retreat into our safe house. Please, come with us.”

Back at the safe house, we get in our cart and I start to head back to Treltain, with all the slime and darkness lifting from Drenla with the coming sun. As beautiful it should be, it does not lift my spirit at all.

Predain, lay down and collect your strength.

and with that Dallrehus melds into the horse and leads us home. I do not hesitate with Dallrehus' order. I instantly fall asleep and have the quietest sleep I have ever had. No dreams, no words, nothing. Just darkness. That is what keeps my heart, the darkness that I had slain, is now in me. And I take it home to live.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Decietful Beauty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decietful Beauty   Decietful Beauty Empty

Back to top Go down

Decietful Beauty
Page 1 of 1